Thursday, January 8, 2009

The Wisdom of ID

Welcome to The Wisdom of ID. My name is Jessica Wilson and I am a 4th year Industrial Design Student at the University of Cincinnati. This blog was created for my Design Communications class to keep track of my thoughts about Design. Excellent idea. I have been looking for a better place to put those. :)

As for work experience, I have enjoyed two co-op quarters at Evenflo and two co-op quarters at Whirlpool. I had the opportunity to work on many interesting projects at both, but due to confidentiality agreements I am unable to share most of my co-op work with you. I can tell you that my major refrigeration project from Whirlpool last quarter is being sent to Streng Design for further development and brand differentiation. Models will be made from my ideas for usability testing early first quarter 2009.

My main goal for this quarter is to find a new co-op job. This is not because I didn’t like my previous job, but because I would like to take advantage of the opportunities that the UC co-op system offers and thus broaden my knowledge base. I would consider both Evenflo and Whirlpool for jobs after graduation in 2010. For Spring quarter co-op, I will be looking for a job at either a design firm or a corporation that lets me explore packaging and manufacturing processes. At both Evenflo and Whirlpool I was able to go on tours of the manufacturing facilities and gained valuable insights into manufacturing concerns.

Other goals for the quarter include improving my sketching, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Alias work.

No comments:

Post a Comment